Tuesday 6 January 2009

TUESDAY 6TH JANUARY 2009

Resolutions are made to be broken so I haven't made any however there are things which I will try to acheive which can only make me better person.

So here are few things but not resolutions just things ?! will try to do

Everyday I will exchange at least a few words with a new person. This can be anywhere and anyhow even a new person on the phone is ok as a last resort.

Send an email or support a cause that I have meant to do and just haven't got around to. Do this every month even if this just means signing a petition.

Pick up the phone to a friend I haven't spoken to for years and restablish contact with someone different every month!

Read books which will stretch me intellectually and broaden my range.


Of course do some new things - I am about to go and do some abstract painting which I have never tried and want to try. Enthusiasm always out does reality and who knows what will be the result?!

WATCH here for news of how I get on oh and by the way



HAPPY NEW YEAR FOR 2009!

8 comments:

Cait O'Connor said...

I admire your resolutions and would want to add these to my desires as well. Good to see your blogs again.

Cait O'Connor said...

PS I meant to say...
I loved Four letters of Love and the Kite Runner too.
And I wish you a very happy New Year.

Aku said...

Very good resolutions indeed!

Claire said...

Cait O'Connor: Just read 'Before you sleep' by Linn Ullman a rather nice read.
Aku: Well they are more interesting than going on a diet!

Chris Benjamin said...

good resolutions, good luck with them. mine was to spend less time on the computer. so far, uh, not so good.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Those seem very good resolutions to me. Do let us know how you get on.

-Ann said...

Thanks for stopping by my spending blog. :)

I like your resolutions, especially the one about stretching yourself through reading. I tried doing that last year and didn't accomplish as much as I'd hoped, but I still read 3 books I never would have touched otherwise.

Claire said...

benjibopper:less time on the computer now I didn't think of that
welshcakes:will let you know of course
Ann: I am reading Eric Newby with the map of Russia alongside not really stretching me but at least it has more meat than some reads so going in the right direction!