Monday 18 February 2008

MONDAY 18TH FEBRUARY - miss peapods

We came here for lunch last week. This is a new cafe is situated on Jubilee Wharf in Penryn. This is an ecological sensitive building with wind turbines on the top.
Miss Peapods kitchen cafe advertises that it serves vegetarian/organic/locally sourced food.
I had fancied eating there for some while so we went.
I had roasted vegetables on a bed of couscous with salad and P had an organic beef burger in brown home made bread roll with salad.
The cafe has a recycled wood floor, from a club in London, recycled tables and chairs with recycled crockery and cutlery.
The food was delicious, the ambiance was great.,
I will be going back as soon as I can.

We didn't sit outside after all it is February!

6 comments:

Leslie: said...

I noticed the palm tree - is it real? We have palm trees here in the Vancouver area - lots of them, which surprises people.

Jo said...

That looks nice. I like the look of that, and the food sounds delicious. Imagine how wonderful it will be in the summertime.

Claire said...

leslie: yes the palm tree is real. We have one here in the garden infact they are all over the place in Cornwall. I must come over to your part of Canada one day have never been so far west I went to Toronto and Quebec many years ago.
josie: I need no excuse to go back!

Leslie: said...

You'll be more than welcomed by Josie and me - we always love to play tour guides! :D Seriously!!!

Claire said...

Wow! now that is an invitation not to be ignored thanks adn if you ever get to Cornwall I'd love to show you around. :)

Petunia said...

Thank you for stepping by my blog! I see on your profile that you live in Cornwall!!!! I never been there but i really would love to visit that part of England!