Friday 1 February 2008

FRIDAY 1ST FEBRUARY - too much weather!

TODAY'S WEATHER!
We are experiencing too much weather here in the UK with lorries blown over, all over the place, ships wrecked, ferries cancelled,roads blocked by snow and so on. We are surrounded by sea and experience a maritime climate which at times is warm and delightful but right now it is wild, windy, snow and hail and pretty cold. Variety is definitely the spice of life but I was unaware this included the weather!


The Spinningdale fishing boat off St. Kilda in the Hebrides.
The Riverdance in the Irish sea - all crew and passengers safe.

Filey on the Yorkshire coast.




6 comments:

marymaryquitecontrary said...

Too much weather; but not enough sleep for me last night. I think it was the most stormy night I have ever tried to sleep through. What must a hurricane be like?

Leslie: said...

Gee, and we thought "our" weather was bad! Stay warm! :D

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Gosh, I saw some pics on Sky TV bit they did not make me see how awful the situation has been like these. Hope you and yours are OK there. Auguri from Sicily x

Jo said...

Omigosh, and I thought it was bad here in Canada.

Stay warm!

Claire said...

marymary:I heard on the radio that you had it pretty bad too. leslie, welshcakes,josie: thanks for your thoughts.We are all fine it is calmer today but the weather doesn't seem to have completely settled but then it is February.

mrsnesbitt said...

We are not far from Filey so we witnessed the thrashing of the north east coast.
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!