Thursday 7 August 2008

THURSDAY 7TH AUGUST - RUNRIG & Edinburgh

This is my trip to Edinburgh. It was a fabulous few days. We have driven through this beautiful city many, many times but this is the first opportunity we have had to explore a little and enjoy a lot and discovered that Edinburgh deserves far more time than we had, so return soon we definitely will.
First we paid for a tour of The Scottish Parliament Building. This is a wonderful place we loved it.


As we left the building there was a pipe band just passing.





Then to the RUNRIG concert at Edinburgh castle,
this was the main reason for coming so far north.


Supprt act was Julie Fowlis - gaelic singer from North Uist. We know her music but this is the first time we have heard her live and she was lovely.



Then time for the boys!
RUNRIG played for a solid 2 hours and it was amazing.




The stage. The castle. The music. What fun we had.




6 comments:

Leslie: said...

I was in Edinburgh for a day back in '98 - saw the castle and a cemetery and a few other things, but definitely want to return! Glad you had a great time. :D

Cait O'Connor said...

Thank you for calling by my blog and for your kind words.
I love Edinburgh, yours are very good photos.
I will call here again.

Flowerpot said...

Sounds great - I'd love to go to Edinburgh. Maybe one day..

Chris Stovell said...

Hi kissa, thanks for dropping by. I haven't been to Edinburgh but it's definitely on my 'places to visit' list. I enjoyed the photos on your blog - those nasturtium pictures were beautiful.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

To my shame, I have never been to Edinburgh!

Claire said...

leslie:I definitely want to go back too.
cait o'connor:Nice to welcome you.
flowerpot: Hi!
Chrish:Hello! Sadly those nasturtiums are dead now.
welshcakes:You must go there one day.