Monday 11 August 2008

MONDAY 11TH AUGUST - 6 random things about me

Mountainear has tagged me so here are 6 varied and random things about me.



*1. I enjoy the smell of bacon grilling in preparation for the construction of a bacon buttie almost as much as its consumption unless I am ridiculously hungry.



*2. I wish I had a beautiful singing voice that would allow me to entertain audiences in enormous venues with the voice that everyone would delight in hearing. I have a voice where cats put their paws over their ears!



*3. I like to read widely and my next challenge will be the great Russian writers, Tolstoy,Dostoyevsky and so on but I will start with Boris Pasternak as a gentle introduction.



*4. I love to eat left overs cold from the fridge they always taste so delicious.



*5. With hindsight I wish I had gone into broadcasting, radio in particular or been a cartographer although my work as a primary teacher was rewarding and fulfilling.



*6. I have seen The Aurora Borealis from here in Cornwall one night when the conditions must have been freakish, the sky was a deep red with streaks of shooting light probably shooting stars. I have seen it from North west Scotland where it was green shimmering waves but all too transient. These two events were so thrilling I now would love to see it from the very far north, well Tromso in Norway. I have never been there so that would be wonderful.

8 comments:

Deb said...

Hi ~ Just wanted to say thanks for leaving such a thoughtful comment on my post. I am happy to read that you love cold leftovers - I love cold leftover mashed potatoes - although I don't admit to it publicly :) I also taught school for twelve years but am now 'retired' from teaching. I'll be back to visit again soon! Take care.

mountainear said...

Cold Chinese takeaway - the best!

Cait O'Connor said...

I too want a fantastic singing voice in my next life.

HelenMWalters said...

My cat puts his paws over his ears when I talk to him, but I think that's because he wants me to know he doesn't care what I think :)

Jackie said...

Hi, I'm so glad you stumbled into my blog. I am enjoying catching up with yours. We have a lot in common, I can't sing and would love to. I was a primary teacher, but on the bacon..I have deep psychological issues with the smell of bacon. Honestly. Sounds weird but its true. I love it if I cook it myself but couldn't even put it in my mouth if I haven't! But don't let that put you off..I'm abnormal in so many other ways too!

Chris Benjamin said...

i love russian writers. there's a book out there called 'great soviety short stories' or something like that, well worth a read if you can find it.

Georgina said...

I love the smell of bacon, don't eat it, can't sing, can't read, left over curry Mmmm, should have been an actress and I too saw Aurora doing her shopping in Aldi. Debs x

Claire said...

debbie:hi!
mountainear:chow mein cold - yum!
cait o'connor: la!
helenm: worse than that people here do that well not paws but hands!
jackie: the smell is better than the eating
benjibopper: have read some of Chekovs shorts and they were really good.
lehners in france: never seen Aurora doing anything but being amazing in the sky....