Thursday 24 April 2008

THURSDAY 24TH APRIL - BJORK




REVIEW: Bjork in Plymouth - Western Morning News.



Date: 23-04-2008
Rock royalty arrived at Plymouth Pavilions in a blaze of glory amid a fanfare of brass, fluttering flags and banging drums. As the Icelandic queen of avant guard pop, Bjork is never one to do things to do things by halves and she certainly didn’t on Tuesday night, giving the Pavilions crowd one of the most sonically and visually stunning shows ever staged at the venue.

.................................................................

This concert was a surreal experience. We went with no idea of what was to come and the treat of the unexpected was truly amazing. The audience consisted of people from right across the age range and everyone certainly had a fantastic time. I would love to see her in concert again if the chance arose.

5 comments:

Leslie: said...

All I know about Bjork is when she attended the Oscars in that pseudo swan dress. But I've heard she's very good. Glad you enjoyed the show.

Claire said...

leslie:As you can tell by my blog I had a great time.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Great review. Good to see someone out there so entusiatci about live music.
Great photo aswell.

Claire said...

babooshka:No cameras allowed! So this is not my photo! She was such an energetic performer using the whole stage. When she removed the microphone her voice was as tiny as she is and really rather sweet.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I know nothing about her, either - but your recommendation makes me want to find out more!