Thursday 26 July 2007

THURSDAY 26TH JULY - will it ever stop raining?

Woke up this morning to the sound of rain falling outside.
Rain fell heavily all morning beating on the window panes so hard that it was impossible to see out.
Then IT STOPPED! Blue sky without a cloud for about an hour and then the rain came back with wind.
So now it is blowing a gale and rain is coming out of the sky horizontally.

OH WAIT I SEE A VERY SMALL PATCH OF BLUE SKY. What will be next?

I am compiling a list of adjectives for rain. I understand that the Innuit have 30+ words for snow. I will post my list when it is done.

3 comments:

Jo said...

Welcome to my world :-)

Drizzle
Mist
Downpour
Torrent

Evalinn said...

Lol, we need the same kinda list over here (but I don't care, if it keeps raining I'll have to go live somewhere else...)

Claire said...

J - mizzle too

E - somewhere else seems the answer