Thursday 13 December 2007

THURSDAY 13TH DECEMBER - memory is strange

NORTHERN EXPOSURE
I was given a DVD box set this quirky drama set in Alaska. I watch an episode periodically and for some unknown reason I just thought of it right now. What prompts a brain to dredge up something completely disconnected from today? I think I might look at one very soon.



Season's Greetings, everybody, from KBHR, the heart and soul of Cicely, Alaska. This is Chris In The Morning. From where I'm sitting, I've got a great view of all the yuletide decorations going up all over town. That's right, everywhere I turn my head I see ebony birds roosting for the holidays. You know, twinkling colored lights are nice, and so are plastic Santas and reindeers and manger scenes, but I'll tell you something, friends... nothing like the sight of beautiful black-as-pitch raven to get you in the Christmas spirit.

2 comments:

Chris Benjamin said...

i love that show! i should go rent that box set now.

Sienna said...

I think we had it here, the faces look familiar, I may have been at work while it was on.

The raging sea photos are beautiful, wild but beautiful, not often I get to see the sea do that! :)

The sea stretch between Victoria and Tasmania can get quite wild, I picture it the equivalent of your Cornwall -to the -north sea.

Up in Sydney, our biggest city in Australia, Bondi Beach had a shark swim into the beach the other day, even when our calm sea is placid it can be dangerous.

Pam